About 4 years ago a series of 'bad egg' events put me off of eating eggs, I've still been eating them in things, (mostly cake) but every time I try to eat them in pure egg form I manage to put myself off again. So last week armed with some fresh organic asparagus (I really, really love asparagus) I decided to give them another go. I used to love eggs florentine and my mum kept talking about making asparagus with boiled egg so I thought I'd combine them together for the best brunch ever! And that it was. I brought some really good eggs (which made me feel better about eating them) and as you can see I over cooked them a little bit, but I am an egg novice! So yeah, if you enjoy yummy vegetables and good eggs, I highly recommend this!
8 spears of asparagus
Salt and pepper
2 free range eggs
1 granary bap
2 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- Pop a griddle pan on to a medium heat and add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and griddle for around 10 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking poach your eggs (I have an egg poacher, I have no idea how to poach them properly) to your liking. I did mine for around 5 minutes.
- Split your bap in half, then toast to your liking. Then put the spinach in to a sieve and pour boiling water over it. Drain the water off and top the bap with the wilted spinach.
- Top with the egg, then the asparagus and then cover in hollandaise sauce.
- Yep it really is that simple! Enjoy.