As it's nearly St Patrick's day, I really wanted to make some Guinness brownies, but unfortunately Guinness isn't vegetarian. So I this morning I went on a search for alternatives. It was quite hard to find any on this list that were similar too Guinness and also easy to find in the supermaket, but after a bit of searching I discovered that Banana Bread Beer is veggie (and also one of the only beers I liked). So I thought I'd move away from the Guinness idea and try something completely different. They turned out super gooey with a rich dark chocolate and banana taste and a bitter beer after taste. Yummy!
- Start by turning the oven to 180 degrees and melting the chocolate and butter together in a bain marie.
- Make the brownies by beating the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until they have quadrupled in size, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour.
- When the chocolate and butter mixture is fully melted pour it in to the mixture, add the vanilla extract and beer and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a baking parchment lined square tin and bake for 40 minutes, the less you cook the gooier they will be, be careful with these ones though because the batter will be wetter!
- Wait for them to cool a bit, cut in to rectangles and enjoy!