It was vegan supreme, Emma Black's birthday this week, so I went to visit her lovely home in London and we set off for a vegan (and vintage shopping) birthday adventure.
|Emma's vegan pizza|
Any way here's the recipe for the calzone in case you want to make some :)
300g flour flour
Pizza topping (we used Pizza Express pomodoro pasta sauce)
Vegetables of your choice (I had red onions, emma had mushrooms)
As much Vegourmet (or other vegan cheese) as you want!
Of course it wouldn't be a birthday without cake, so we also brought a slice of banoffee cake from Vx made by To Happy Vegans! It was AMAZING!!
- Make the dough by mixing together the flour, water, yeast and salt together in a bowl with your hands until it forms a dough.
- Kneed the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes then pop back into the bowl and leave in a warm place to rise.
- When risen cut into two pieces and roll out into a thin circle.
- Cover half of the circle with pizza sauce, vegetables of your choice and vegan cheese then fold in half.
- Pop in a preheated oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
All in all it was a fun, food and shopping filled day and I hope Emma had a good birthday :)