At the beginning of this summer I brought a little green house and my dad brought me a few plants to grow. I have spring onions, lettuce, tomatoes and peppers... Basically I can make a mean home grown salad.
|This is my one and only pepper I'm growing, you may wonder why he's not in his green house... Well it blew away, leaving me with a GYO disaster!|
400g drained tofu
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cayenne powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tin kidney beans drained
4 green peppers
- Soften the onion in a small amount of oil in a heavy based pan.
- Crumble the tofu in to the pan, then season with the chili power, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Fry the spiced tofu mixture for around 5 minutes on a medium heat to remove any excess moisture then add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Then cut an oval shaped hole in the pepper, remove all the seeds and strange white bits and fill with the chili.
- Pop into a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until slightly browned on the outside.
- Serve with some boiled brown rice and enjoy!
I'm not sure if my pepper will ever get to a normal size, if not I'll have to find another use for it! But it's a shame because the green pepper is so nice filled with chili, and I'm sure it would taste about 100 times better if I grew it myself!