We have a new Morrisons in Milton Keynes. You may not think this is exciting, but it really is. There's loads of weird fruits, one of which I was sold by a random man I mistook for my boyfriend. A rambutan, I don't know how I feel about them. Loads of exciting vegetables (with some kind of mist floating over them... magic!) but the thing that makes me most happy about new Morrisons? Gigantic sweet potatoes. I brought two with no idea what to do with them, but then I remembered my dad going on about chili beans in a can so I thought I'd try mixing them together and make giant potato skins. It's a very simple recipe, chili beans, sweet potato, soured cream and cheese but it is really, really delicious. I served mine up with Hugh's polenta chips from River Cottage Veg Every Day and some homemade guacamole.
1 really large sweet potato
1 small can of mixed beans in chili tomato sauce
100g grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp soured cream
- Pop your sweet potato in the microwave for 6-10 minutes (depending on size) then cook it in a pre heated oven for 30 mins to make it nice and crisp on the outside.
- Remove your potato from the oven and let it cool slightly then slice it down the middle, remove the insides and transfer them to a bowl, leaving the skins intact.
- Mix the beans and sauce in well and then put the potato/chili bean mixture back in to the skins.
- In a separate bowl mix the grated cheese and soured cream together and cover the potato skin.
- Pop back in to the oven for 20 minutes, until the cheese is browned and bubbling then serve up with chips/salad/what ever you want and enjoy!