I am so ridiculously excited about Christmas, it's not even funny! I know it's only September, but Christmas is in full swing for me! We've had Christmas training in my shop this week, which is one of the most magical times of the year. We sit around, in our jammies and Christmas jumpers and unveil the new christmas range. We also tell people to bring food that reminds them of Christmas, I took mulled cider last year (I know that's not technically food, but who doesn't love mulled cider).
- Pop your kernels according to the directions and put to one side, then prepare a large greaseproof sheet to put your popcorn on when it's coated.
- Stick the candy canes in to a food processor and blitz until you have candy cane dust (this makes the scariest noise ever).
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie, then add 2/3 of the candy cane dust and mix well.
- Put your popcorn in a very large bowl (you need lots of space to mix) then pour the melted chocolate candy cane mixture over to popcorn and stir it really well until its evenly covered.
- Spread the coated popcorn over the greaseproof paper and leave it to cool until completely set.
- If you don't eat it straight away it will keep in an airtight container for about a week.